Skip to main content

Silence

  "If I'm arguing, I care.  If I'm silent I'm done". 


This couldn't be further from the truth.  Anyone who knows me, knows when I go silent there is a problem.  It simply means I'm done and then cut the relationship (friendship, lover, coworker, family whatever it is).  I'm very good at giving chances but push me enough and I eventually break.  When I argue and continue to share it's because I care.  

I am aware that this is not a healthy way of handling things, I am trying to work on this.  I feel that the above statement will continue to hold true.  At the same time I hope to be able to communicate and be more open to sharing my feelings vs shutting down.  

How do you choose to respond when someone has pushed you too far?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Met the Man I Never Thought I Would

 For the last ten years, my world has revolved around my three boys. I poured everything into them, my energy, my time, my heart. I became their anchor, their safe place, their constant. And as the years passed, they grew. Not just taller or older, but more independent and confident. Little by little, I began to feel that familiar shift: they still needed me, but not in the way they once did. For the first time in a decade, I could finally breathe for myself again. I had no expectations of love finding me. My life had settled into a rhythm of responsibility and quiet strength. But then, as life often does when we least expect it, it brought someone into my world who would change everything. A man finding love after loss. A man who loved deeply, truly, wholeheartedly before. Instead of feeling intimidated by the depth of his past, I found myself moved by it. The way he speaks of love, the way he honors what he once had, only makes me feel closer to him. It shows the kind of heart he...

Max McNown - A Lot More Free

Don't Settle