Skip to main content

My Fight Song

As many of you know, my divorce was one of the darkest periods of my life.  I'm not going to get into the details but my fight with everything around me felt like it was never going to end.  What I've learned is with each hurtle achieved there is always another one waiting around the corner.  The other day as I sat in church the sermon was on suffering.  The thought that suffering may not end until our last day here on earth is terrifying.  Tonight as I was driving home from my evening out Fight Song by Rachel Platten came on the radio and I burst into tears.  During my divorce this was "my" song.  Whenever it would come on, I would turn in up and sing every last word.  Tonight through the tears I sang the words.  
Take a moment a listen, I hope you hear the words I hear and know you can turn up your power, be strong and know you still have a lot of fight left in you. Still Believe...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Met the Man I Never Thought I Would

 For the last ten years, my world has revolved around my three boys. I poured everything into them, my energy, my time, my heart. I became their anchor, their safe place, their constant. And as the years passed, they grew. Not just taller or older, but more independent and confident. Little by little, I began to feel that familiar shift: they still needed me, but not in the way they once did. For the first time in a decade, I could finally breathe for myself again. I had no expectations of love finding me. My life had settled into a rhythm of responsibility and quiet strength. But then, as life often does when we least expect it, it brought someone into my world who would change everything. A man finding love after loss. A man who loved deeply, truly, wholeheartedly before. Instead of feeling intimidated by the depth of his past, I found myself moved by it. The way he speaks of love, the way he honors what he once had, only makes me feel closer to him. It shows the kind of heart he...

Max McNown - A Lot More Free

Don't Settle