Skip to main content

Praying

For those of you that know my story, you know how and why this song speaks so loudly to me.  As i sat on that bathroom floor, the door being held shut, the fear that ran through my body, the pain i didn't even know was yet to come.  I wanted to just give up, but i had to learn to fight for myself.  You said that i was done but you were wrong the best is yet to come.  If you don't know my story... ASK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Met the Man I Never Thought I Would

 For the last ten years, my world has revolved around my three boys. I poured everything into them, my energy, my time, my heart. I became their anchor, their safe place, their constant. And as the years passed, they grew. Not just taller or older, but more independent and confident. Little by little, I began to feel that familiar shift: they still needed me, but not in the way they once did. For the first time in a decade, I could finally breathe for myself again. I had no expectations of love finding me. My life had settled into a rhythm of responsibility and quiet strength. But then, as life often does when we least expect it, it brought someone into my world who would change everything. A man finding love after loss. A man who loved deeply, truly, wholeheartedly before. Instead of feeling intimidated by the depth of his past, I found myself moved by it. The way he speaks of love, the way he honors what he once had, only makes me feel closer to him. It shows the kind of heart he...

Max McNown - A Lot More Free

The Night Before the Last Day of PreK

 Tomorrow I will wrap up another year teaching PreK.  9 months ago I met my tiny new best friends.  At first I mourned the loss of my previous class but eventually they grew on me and I fell in love with each of them.   The end of the school year (for those who love what they do) is like a really terrible break up.  This week has been full of emotion, some personal but a lot of sadness about what's coming to an end.  I'm not going to say that this year has been smooth or easy.  There have been many challenges. If you think about the amount of time I spend with these children each day it's a lot.  I spend almost 5 hours each day 4 days a week with theses kiddos.   There have been tears (from them and myself). When they walked through my door 9 months ago many of them were quiet, scared and unfamiliar with me.  I was able to earn their trust, and show them that I was more than just their teacher.  I loved them and was comple...